GUIDELINES AND APPLICATION FOR MAINLY ART
Join our growing community of artists, and craftsmen. Apply to be a vendor at Mainly Art at the Bradenton Farmers’ Market, held on the third Saturday of each month, October through May.
- To provide a premier, open-air market with a strong sense of place and inclusiveness for our community.
- To support our local artists, craftspeople, and creative businesses.
- To celebrate the cultural assets of historic downtown Bradenton.
- To provide programs that engage people of all ages in health, wellness, and creativity.
MAINLY ART MANAGEMENT
- Mainly Art Manager: Market Manager
- Phone: (941) 932-1154
Our market celebrates our community’s diversity, cultural assets, and friendly downtown environment. We want our vendors to feel a part of our community, and we encourage you to support other vendors. We expect a high-quality customer experience for our customers. Vendors who talk to their customers with a smile create a welcoming market ambiance. Be courteous. Any verbal abuse by a vendor toward another vendor, the public, or the Market Manager is not tolerated and is cause for immediate expulsion. Show pride in your products and your unique background through your booth display.
- Mainly Art Hours: 9am – 2pm, 3rd Saturday, rain or shine. Open from October through May.
- Set Up: You may arrive as early as 7am and we expect you to arrive no later than 7:45am. After unloading please move your vehicle to a legal parking space before setting up. All vehicles must be off the street by 8:15am. Please respect the integrity of the market by being set up and ready to go by 8:30am.
- Break Down: No earlier than 2pm and no later than 3pm. Barricades must be put back in place when a vendor enters or leaves the Market.
- Space Assignment: Participants will be assigned spaces by the Market Manager. Space assignments are subject to change.
- Booths must be maintained in clean, sanitary and attractive conditions. All trash associated with vendor operations must be hauled away by the vendor.
- Parking: You may park in any public parking area including: Levels 1 & 2 of the SunTrust parking garage or in the City parking garage at Manatee Ave. and 10th Street West or in the City lot on 4th Avenue West and 13th Street West. Vendors will be notified of any changes.
- Spaces will not be assigned, and vendors cannot set up their booths until payment is received.
- Vendors who pay in advance receive incentives such as discounts and space preference.
There are two payment plans for space rental. Prices are based on a 10-foot by 10-foot space. Please contact the Market Manager for a larger space.
$250 for full season (one payment for 8 events - a $54 savings) Due no later than Tuesday, October 15, 2019.
$38/for each Mainly Art appearance. Payment must be received no later than the Tuesday prior to the first market appearance of the month. Late Fee: $5.00
- Checks and money orders should be made payable to Realize Bradenton. Mail payments to: Realize Bradenton Farmers' Market, PO Box 9114 Bradenton, FL 34206.
- Online payments may be made.
- There are no refunds, for any reason including inclement weather or no-shows.
- Subleasing is not permitted.
- Vendors issuing checks returned for “Insufficient Funds” will be charged $50 and must be paid before the vendor’s next appearance at the market.
The final authority in determination of products and services available at Mainly Art is Realize Bradenton. Selection guidelines are subject to change.
- Vendors committed to a full season are given preference.
- Selection is based on numerous factors such as the existing mix of vendors, the number of total available spaces, quality of the products and of booth display, etc.
- Handmade arts and crafts receive preference in support of our local artists and craftspeople.
LICENSES & CERTIFICATION
All vendors are fully responsible for the integrity of their products and services. Vendors are expected to provide all necessary disclaimers, warnings and other disclosures to buyers. Vendors must have all necessary licenses, permits, and official documents, including sales tax, available for inspection during market times.
Realize Bradenton is not responsible for any loss or damage incurred by vendors due to lack of appropriate permits and controls, and vendors agree as a condition of participation to sign and return a waiver of liability to hold harmless and indemnify Realize Bradenton from any loss. Waiver may be obtained from the Market Manager.
Spaces with open flames must have a working ABC fire extinguisher and their tent must be certified as flame-resistant by California standards. Use of propane must be pre-approved by Market Management.
Realize Bradenton reserves the right to make final determinations regarding vendor termination which may be based on multiple absences, absence without notice, failure to pay, failure to abide by proper licensing and permits, safety-related issues, or other factors deemed in the best interest of the market.
The booth space is 10-feet by 10-feet. Vendors must keep their displays within ten feet of the curb.
White tents are preferred. Tents must have weights totaling at least 80 lbs. or 20 lbs. per leg. No exceptions. Weights can be purchased or homemade. Table coverings are required.
THE MAINLY ART APPLICATION PROCESS
The Market Manager will contact you after your application is processed regarding your acceptance, start date, and payment requirements. Please allow 21 days for a response to your application.
Click here to apply to be a vendor at Mainly Art. Please do not submit payment until you have received notification from the Market Manager that your application has been accepted.