Realize Bradenton Logo
Shop Donate
Realize Bradenton Logo

Event Approval Standards


All site plan and event routes must be clearly drawn on a site map submitted with the event permit application. Specifically, the applicant should show the approximate location where the following event components will be located:


Per Bradenton City Code, “It shall be unlawful to park any trailer on any privately owned property within the City for the purpose of living in such motor trailer, except on any property authorized and licensed as a trailer park.” One (1) fully self‐contained recreational vehicle is permitted for security and/or event purposes. If more than one, but less than four recreational vehicles are requested, City Council may grant special City Council approval. In the event that more than four (4) trailers/recreational vehicles are necessary to remain within the City park as part of the event due to the nature of the event, such as but not limited to a national cooking event where participants must be on site to monitor overnight cooking, the request will require special City Council approval. Manatee County Health Department, Environmental Services, will permit the Recreational Vehicles, provided that no gray water or black water is discharged on the property. Manatee County Health Department, Environmental Services, will conduct inspections for events with overnight Recreational Vehicle parking/camping. If any recreational vehicles in conjunction with the event are found to be in violation of the above regulations, the event organizer shall be cited and fined up to $100.00 for the first offense and $200.00 for the second offense.


Certificate of Liability Insurance in the amount of $1,000,000 naming the City of Bradenton as “Additional Insured” and specifying the NAME and DATE of the event must be provided prior to the event. Event organizers must keep a copy of the certificate for their own records.


Any event organizer selling alcoholic beverages must obtain a State of Florida Alcoholic Beverage license and a liquor liability endorsement on the certificate of liability insurance when applicable. This must be signed off by city zoning manager.


Any event organizer using food/beverage vendors must certify that each vendor has State of Florida Health Department approval and complies with all county and local guidelines and ordinances.


Any event cooking or serving food with grease shall provide a plan to remove grease generated by the event. Please see grease containment requirements below:

Food Vendor Management Requirements for Event Sponsors on City of Bradenton Property

Event organizers desiring to include food at events on City property shall:

  1. Contract, at no expense to the City, with a licensed grease hauling company to handle waste cooking grease/oil generated at the event. The hauling company shall supply a grease receptacle (tank) placed in reasonable proximity to the festival that vendors are required to dispose of their spent grease/oil into on a daily basis over the duration of the event.
  2. Ensure, at no expense to the City, protective barriers (i.e. tarps, oil absorbing materials, etc.) are used in food vending areas to protect City of Bradenton property from grease/oil/food-related damage.
  3. Contract, at no expense to the City, with the City of Bradenton’s Solid Waste Division to provide solid waste services, garbage and recycle receptacles and equipment for the event.
  4. Ensure, through appropriate and reasonable means and at no expense to the City, that City of Bradenton property does not sustain damage from the event organizers, vendors, participants or guests, including, but not limited to:
  5. The City will require meetings and inspections with the Organizer to establish pre- and post-conditions and expectations for   the event and event venue.
  6. The Organizer shall provide monitors, at no expense to the City, during the event to ensure compliance with these requirements.


Permits from the Planning & Community Development Dept. are required for tents over 10 x 10 and the application for permit must be received no less than 5 working days prior to the event. All tents/canopies must be fire retardant, per fire prevention requirements. No stakes are to be driven into the ground to protect underground utilities and tent weights are required. Click here for contacts.


All approved events must provide sufficient on-site sanitation facilities. Some areas of the Riverwalk Park have permanent sanitation facilities.


All events requiring security shall use off-duty Bradenton police officers. The cost of such on-site security shall be the sole responsibility of the applicant and is due prior to or at the time of service.

NOTE: The Bradenton Police and Fire Departments reserve the right to cancel off-duty details without notice, and to recall personnel for official duty when necessary for community safety.


Requirements set forth by the Fire Marshal must be adhered to and all events are subject to inspection.


All events requiring Public Works and Utilities services shall bear the cost of providing such service.


The use of fireworks or any other potentially hazardous devices may only be approved by a permit from the Planning and Community Development Dept. in conjunction with the Fire Department.


No vehicles may be driven off designated vehicle areas unless expressly authorized as part of an approved event.


No event may keep, display, or otherwise house live animals on City park land unless expressly authorized by the City Council


It is the responsibility of the event organizer to contact each business that could be affected by the event. The notification should include the dates and times of the event and contact information of the event organizer, in case the businesses have any questions or comments regarding the event. Races require additional notifications. See Race/Run/Walk Standards document.

Skip to content