Guidelines and Application for Farmers' Market
Join our growing community of local farmers, growers, artists, and creative businesses. Please read the guidelines outlined below carefully, and then apply to be a vendor at the downtown Bradenton Farmers' Market.
- To provide a premier, open-air Farmers' Market with a strong sense of place and inclusiveness for our community.
- To support our local growers, producers of locally made goods and creative businesses.
- To celebrate the cultural assets of historic downtown Bradenton.
- To provide programs that engage people of all ages in health, wellness, and creativity.
The final authority in determination of products and services available at the Market is Realize Bradenton. Vendors may only sell approved products. Selection guidelines are subject to change.
- Vendors committed to a full season are given preference.
- Selection is based on numerous factors such as the existing mix of vendors, the number of total available spaces, quality of the products and of booth display, etc.
- Preference is given to:
- Farmers and Growers
- Locally Made Food Products
- Locally Crafted Goods
- Green Products – Using environmentally friendly materials, including packaging.
- Wellness Goods and Services
- Limited space is available to local nonprofits on an occasional basis. Please contact us for details.
- A consistent policy of not renting or providing space for political or religious causes is maintained.
- Market Manager: Market@RealizeBradenton.com
- Phone: (941) 932-1154
Our market celebrates our community’s diversity, cultural assets, and friendly downtown environment. We want our vendors to feel a part of our community; therefore we encourage you to support other vendors. We expect a high-quality customer experience for our customers. Vendors who talk to their customers with a smile create a welcoming market ambiance. Be courteous. Any verbal abuse by a vendor toward another vendor, the public, or the Market Manager is not tolerated and is cause for immediate expulsion. Show pride in your products and your unique background through your booth display.
- Market Hours: 9am–2pm, Saturdays, rain or shine. Open from October through May.
- Set Up: You may arrive as early as 7am and we expect you to arrive no later than 7:45am. After unloading please move your vehicle to a legal parking space before setting up. All vehicles must be off the street by 8:15am. Please respect the integrity of the market by being set up and ready to go by 8:30am.
- Break Down: All vendors are required to stay until 2pm and to be broken down by 3pm. Barricades must be put back in place when a vendor enters or leaves the Market.
- Space Assignment: Participants will be assigned spaces by the Market Manager. Space assignments are subject to change.
- Booths must be maintained in clean, sanitary and attractive conditions. All trash associated with vendor operations must be must be broken down and placed in lidded trash cans or hauled away by the vendor.
- Parking: You may park on Levels 1 & 2 of the SunTrust parking garage or in the City parking garage at Manatee Ave. and 10th Street West or in the City lot on 4th Avenue West. Vendors will be notified of any changes.
Spaces will not be assigned and vendors cannot set up their booths until payment is received. Vendors who pay in advance receive incentives such as discounts and space preference.
There are three payment plans for booth rental. Prices are based on a 10-foot by 10-foot space. Please contact the market manager for a larger space firstname.lastname@example.org.
$935/year; 34 markets total, payment due no later than October 2, 2018. (A savings of $357).
Full Season – Split Payments
$470 payment due no later than October 2, 2018; balance of $470 due Tuesday, January 29, 2019. (A savings of $352).
$32/week ($128 for 4 week month; $160.00 for 5 week month), save $204.00. Payment must be received by the Tuesday prior to the first market appearance of each month. Late Fee: $20.00.
$38.00; no guaranteed space assignment at the Market. $76.00 due the Tuesday before your 1st market appearance; applied to 1st two dates at the Market. Thereafter, $38.00 each week due no later than the Tuesday before market appearance. Space assignment given after payment has been received. LATE FEE $5.00 for day-of payment, space assigned upon arrival, if available.
- Checks and money orders should be made payable to Realize Bradenton.
- Mail payments to: Realize Bradenton Farmers' Market, PO Box 9114 Bradenton, FL 34206.
- Online payments may be made.
- There are no refunds, for any reason including inclement weather or no-shows.
- Subletting is not permitted.
- Vendors issuing checks returned for “Insufficient Funds” will be charged $50 payable before the vendor’s next appearance at the market.
Licenses & Certification
All vendors are fully responsible for the integrity of their products and services. This includes product spoilage, performance and claims made by the vendor. Vendors are expected to provide all necessary disclaimers, warnings and other disclosures to buyers. Vendors must have all necessary licenses, permits, and official documents, including sales tax, available for inspection during market times.
- Florida Cottage Foods Information
- Dept. of Agriculture Mobile Food Permit Requirements
Dept. Of Agriculture Retail Food Program
Realize Bradenton is not responsible for any loss or damage incurred by vendors due to lack of appropriate permits and controls, and vendors agree as a condition of participation to sign and return a waiver of liability to hold harmless and indemnify Realize Bradenton from any loss. Waiver may be obtained from the Market Manager.
Spaces with open flames must have a working ABC fire extinguisher and their tent must be certified as flame-resistant by California standards. Use of propane must be pre-approved by Market Management.
Realize Bradenton reserves the right to make final determinations regarding vendor termination which may be based on: multiple absences, failure to pay, failure to abide by proper licensing and permits, safety-related issues, or other factors deemed in the best interest of the market.
The booth space is 10-foot x 10-foot. Vendors must keep their displays within ten feet of the curb.
White tents are preferred. Tents must have weights totaling at least 80lbs. or 20lbs. per leg. No exceptions. Weights can be purchased or homemade. Table coverings are required.
The Farmers' Market Application Process
The Market Manager will contact you after your application is processed regarding your acceptance, start date, and payment requirements. Please allow 21 days for a response to your application.
Click here to apply to be a vendor the Bradenton Farmers Market. Please do not submit payment until you have received notification from the Market Manager that your application has been accepted.