October brings many changes to Bradenton, the nights become longer and we get a taste of autumn-like weather. It also heralds the beginning of a new season of the Bradenton Farmers’ Market to Old Main Street in the heart of downtown.
The 2017–2018 season of the Bradenton Farmers’ Market kicks-off with opening day on Saturday, October 7, 2017, from 9 a.m.–2p.m. Many of your favorite vendors are returning, and we have a few new vendors that you will soon add to your list of favorites! Check out our Market Vendors page to learn more about our farmers, artisans, food vendors, and more.
Joining opening day at the Market is the Bradenton Herald Business Expo, where dozens of local businesses will have booths to share their products and services to the community. The Business Expo is from 9 a.m.–2 p.m., along Fourth Ave. W. and in the Bradenton Herald parking lot.
In addition to the Business Expo, many activities will be on tap for opening day:
- Chef at the Market: Chef Paul Mattison of Mattison’s City Grille Bradenton Riverwalk will create a delicious dish to sample. He will shop the market around 9:30 a.m. and conduct a cooking demonstration at 10 a.m. on the corner of Old Main Street and Fourth Ave. W. Demonstrations by local chefs will be every Saturday.
- Sarabay Kids Zone: Throughout the month of October, children can paint a pumpkin and enter it in Sarabay Real Estate’s contest. Sarabay Kids Zone continues every Saturday.
- Live Music: Trevor Bystrom Duo will perform a variety of music on the south block (near Cork’s Cigar Bar) and Syl VEE R will be playing on the north block (across from the farmers’ market information booth). There will be live music every Saturday.
- Rainbow Kitchen: Food demonstrations, tastings and more, using a rainbow of fresh foods found at the market, from 9 a.m.–2 p.m. Presented by Manatee County Family Nutrition Program’s SNAP-Ed (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program Education in Florida). Rainbow Kitchen activities will be the first Saturday of each month.
Don’t forget about Mainly Art! Dozens of local artists and craftspeople displaying and selling their creations. Art, crafts, and live music, are available from 9 a.m.–2 p.m., on Fourth Ave. W. where it connects with the weekly Bradenton Farmers’ Market on Old Main Street, every third Saturday of the month.
October is a busy month at the Market, so be sure to mark these special events on your calendar:
- October 14, 2017: Fiesta on Fourth. A Hispanic Heritage Month celebration featuring Live Music, Latin Dance, chef demonstrations, and more. 9 a.m.–Noon.
- October 28, 2017: Howl’ween Pet Parade. Watch as lines of pooches strut down Old Main Street in Halloween costumes with their owners. Signup is at 10 a.m.; the pet parade is at 10:30 a.m. on Old Main Street; judging is at 11 a.m.
The 2017–2018 Bradenton Farmers’ Market sponsors are the Bradenton Herald, Downtown Development Authority, Florida Blue, Manatee Community Federal Credit Union, and Mosaic. Sarabay Real Estate is a Realize Bradenton community partner.
For more information, vendor listings, and schedule of ongoing activities at the Bradenton Farmers’ Market, visit BradentonFarmersMarket.com. Prospective vendors may apply by completing an online application.